|Pasadena ISD Accomplishments |
For the past several years, the district, its schools and its students have earned national, state and regional recognition for outstanding educational performance. The Board holds high expectations for its schools and asks principals and teachers to expect the best from their students. Those expectations have paid off in the form of many local, state and national accolades, including:
- Pasadena ISD tops state graduation rate for second consecutive year with 89.4 percent of the Class of 2014 graduating with a high school diploma
- First graduating class of the Pasadena Early College High School, 2015
- Pasadena ISD Named by The College Board as one of only 14 Texas school districts on the AP District Honor Roll in 2013
- Eleven Pasadena Early College High School juniors qualified for the San Jacinto College Dean’s List in the 2013 fall semester.
- Texas Recognized District, 2011
- Pasadena Memorial and Rayburn High Schools named Best High Schools in America by the U.S News and World Report in the Bronze category, 2014
- Thompson Intermediate received Excellence in Urban Schools Award, 2014
- Beverly Hills Intermediate – National School to Watch, 2013
- National Pentathlon Qualifier – Miller Intermediate, 2015
- GATES Scholarship recipient, 2015
- Three Pasadena ISD students named Michael and Susan Dell Foundation scholarship recipients, 2015
- Keller Middle School – National School to Watch, 2014
- J. Frank Dobie and Pasadena High Schools qualified for State Academic Decathlon competition, 2012
- District graduates attend major universities including Texas A&M University, University of Houston – Honors Program, Houston Baptist University - Honors College, Harvard University, Texas Tech University, University of Texas, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Princeton University and Stanford University.
- Pasadena ISD’s music program has been named by Best Communities for Music Education the National Association of Music Merchants Foundation
- For the first time in history, two Pasadena ISD high school students from Sam Rayburn High School took the title of grand champion and reserve grand champion at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo – 2014
- Art students from four Pasadena schools received regional Silver and Gold Key Awards for the 2013 Scholastic Art and Writing competition. Ten students were awarded Gold Key Awards while Silver Key Awards went to eleven students. Of these students, two students from two different high schools received National Silver Key Awards and attended the National Scholastic Art and Writing Awards ceremony held at Carnegie Hall in New York City.
- 12 teams qualified for the UIL State Playoffs, 2014-15
- 60 Regional Qualifiers, 2014-15
- 1 State Qualifier, 2014-15
- Houston Touchdown Club Scholar Athletic Finalists, 2014-15 and 2015-16
- Houston Touchdown Club Football Team Sportsmanship Finalist, 2014-15
- Pasadena ISD was named among top 150 workplaces in Houston by the Houston Chronicle
- Education Foundation has raised $1.9 million in the last 12 years
- The Pasadena ISD Education Foundation provides funds for educational programs and activities in the district. The McDonald’s Texas Invitational Basketball Tournament has donated more than $1 million to the foundation.
- The Pasadena ISD Grants Department recently secured $5 million in grant funds
- District receives a “Superior Achievement” rating under the state’s Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas program for the past 12 years
- Pasadena ISD receives the Meritorious Budget Award from Association of School Business Officials International (ASBO)
- Pasadena ISD administrative costs (5.44 percent) were below the state standard (11.05 percent) for fiscal year 2012-13.
- The Board of Trustees were recognized by the Texas Education Agency as one of five Texas Honor Boards for 2008