Pasadena ISD asks volunteers to join annual Walk for Success event Sept. 12
Pasadena ISD is in the business of keeping students in school and on the path to receive a diploma. For this reason, the district will host a Walk for Success event at Rayburn High School, Saturday, Sept. 12 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The annual walk is a community effort that provides students with the encouragement and support needed to return to school or pursue other viable options for earning a diploma.
The walk involves teams of administrators, teachers, staff and volunteers who make phone calls and personal home visits to students who have not re-enrolled in classes for the academic school year.
The district is looking for volunteers to help make phone calls. Volunteers are not required to have any prior experience and will be stationed at the Administration Building in room L101.
For those interested in volunteering, please call (713) 740-0266.
Walk for Success 2015
· Date: Saturday, September 12, 2015
· Starting Location: Sam Rayburn High School Cafeteria, 2121 Cherrybrook Ln, Pasadena, TX 77502
- 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Breakfast and Briefing
- 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Walk for Success
- 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Phone Bank Calls
- 9:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. On Campus Enrollment
- Phone bank in L101 at Administration Building
· Lunch will be provided
· Attire: Nice Jeans, Comfortable Shoes, and a PISD/Staff Shirt