THE HIGH SCHOOL EXPERIENCE
Grab a camera, show your school spirit and put your photography skills to the test for the first annual Capture the Moment Photo Contest!
The competition is open to any student at the Lewis Career and Technical, Dobie, Memorial, Pasadena, Rayburn and South Houston High Schools. A winner from each high school will be chosen based on the most Facebook likes on each photo through the Facebook Photo Contest App.
The Pasadena ISD Communication Department would like to give high school students the opportunity to showcase their school spirit. This is a chance for students to gain photography experience, show their school pride and help us spread the word about Pasadena ISD.
The Photo Contest is open to any student attending The Lewis Career and Technical, Dobie, Memorial, Pasadena, Rayburn and South Houston High Schools.
The Photo Contest is sponsored by Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union and supported by the Pasadena ISD Communication Department. This Photo Contest is in no way sponsored by Facebook.
- Entries will be accepted from October 11, 2016 to December 2, 2016 by 5 p.m. to email@example.com.
- The first round of voting begins December 6, 2016 and ends January 6, 2016 by 5 p.m.
- The final round of voting will take place the week of January 23-27, 2016.
- Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible.
WHAT TO ENTER
To ensure eligibility for the contest, please submit files no larger than 20MB at the time of entry. All photographs should accurately reflect the experience of a high school student.
Entries should be submitted in a .JPEG .jpg, or.png format and can be taken with a cellphone, digital or DSLR camera.
Minimal manipulation of digital images will be accepted. Photographs can have adjustments to the brightness, color, color balance, sharpness and contrast. Also acceptable: red eye removal and cropping.
All entries must be submitted by the original photographer. By entering a submission, the participant is suggesting that the picture is original and has been taken solely by the contestant, and it does not infringe on another’s rights.
Entries should include:
- Contact information (name, phone number and email address)
- Campus name
- Date of photo
- Detailed caption of subject matter (who, what, when, where and why). Please limit the caption to no more than three sentences.
The following submissions are ineligible:
- Photos that violate or infringe upon another person's rights, including but not limited to copyright. A PHOTO RELEASE will be made available to participants on the district website. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that subjects of the photos give their permission to appear in the artists’ work.
- Individuals can submit up to three (3) original photos.
- Photos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content.
HOW TO ENTER
All images must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can select an image directly from your computer desktop, or submit images from Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for consideration in the contest, given that the photo was taken during the contest period.
By entering, you indicate your unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. You cannot win a prize unless you comply with all requirements in these Official Rules.
- Five (5) entries from each campus (6 campuses) will be chosen, based on the number of Facebook likes on the participant’s photo in the Facebook Photo Contest App to be eligible for Grand Champion.
- These thirty (30) entries will be featured at an exhibit at the Pasadena ISD administration building, and one winner will be chosen from each high school and one overall Grand Champion will be named.
- Central administration employees will vote on the top entries and the photo with the most votes will be named Grand Champion.
The Pasadena ISD Communication Department will award the following prizes:
One winner from each high school will be awarded a GoPro Hero 4. The Grand Champion will receive a GoPro Hero 5.