The Pasadena Independent School District agrees to distribute materials to students for youth-oriented no-profit programs and organizations only. Participating programs and organizations may be required to show proof of non-profit status at the district’s discretion. The service shall not be provided to area businesses unless the business is providing school-related services to students in the district, i.e., graduation invitations, or is offering student incentives as an official adopt-a-school partner to a specific campus or the district. The decision on what is considered school-related services is at the sole discretion of the district.
The District reserves the right of final approval for the release of any flyer and may deny permission for any reason consistent with federal or state law, district policy, procedures or practices.
By law, the District cannot accept materials or publicity for programs or activities that are evangelical in nature, which advocate membership in any religious organization, or could be considered political advertising.
PISD retains the right to make final decisions considering materials that can be distributed on PISD campuses.
1. Submit an electronic copy of flyers to firstname.lastname@example.org in the Communication office for approval along with a list of schools to which the flyer will be distributed. The District will provide a student count for each campus upon request. Be sure to include on your request your organization’s name, address, phone number, fax number and contact name and a copy of the organization’s 501 c3.
2. The Communication office will email a letter approving the distribution of the flyer on Monday or Tuesday of the week. If the flyer has been denied, rationale will be provided to give the organization a chance to make suggested changes. Any alterations will require re-submission for final approval.
3. The organization will be responsible for printing the desired number of flyers. It is recommended extra copies be printed and sent to the schools to handle enrollment fluctuations. The organization will be responsible for sorting the flyers into groups of 25 for elementary schools and groups of 30 for middle, intermediate and high schools. Failure to sort the flyers may result in the flyers being discarded at the campus.
4. Flyers must be printed on one 8 ½” x 11” white or colored bond paper. Flyers may be printed front and back. ****Each flyer must contain the following disclaimer printed in BOLD letters in at least 12 pt. type size: “This activity is not related to or sponsored by Pasadena Independent School District. Pasadena ISD neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity represented in this material. The distribution or display of this material is provided as a community service.”
5. The organization shall deliver the sorted flyers to the approved schools in a timely manner. The flyers should include a copy of the letter of authorization received from the Communication Office.
6. Schools will distribute the flyers at the principal’s discretion. Deliveries received close to date of activity may be displayed on the school’s counter, accessible to the public, at the Principal’s discretion.
7. Organizations may submit posters for distribution on school bulletin boards and other locations designated by the Principal. Organizations must use the same approval process described above.
8. There is no charge for this service.
Out of respect for the educational environment on campuses we have made a commitment to principals:
- August 23 – Sept. 2, 2016: Flyers will not be distributed/Approved during the first two weeks of school.
- November 14 – 18, 2016: Flyers will not be distributed/Approved the week before Thanksgiving break. Submit flyers no later than November 4, 2015 to be distributed the week of November 7, 2016.
- December 12 – 16, 2016: Flyers will not be distributed/approved the week before Winter break. Submit flyer no later than December 2, 2016 to be distributed the week of December 5, 2016.
- March 6 – 10, 2017: Flyers will not be distributed the week before Spring Break. Submit flyers by Feb. 26, 2016 for distribution before spring break.
- May 29 – June 2, 2017: Flyer will not be distributed during the last week of school
- May 19, 2017: Flyers will not be accepted after this date for the 2016-2017 school year.
If you have any questions regarding flyers, please contact: Cynthia Gutierrez in the Communication office at: Phone: 713-740-0248, Fax: 713-740-4041 or email: email@example.com