NOMINATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED
FOR DISTRICT’S 2014 DISTINGUISHED ALUMNUS AWARD
Click Here to Submit Your Distinguished Alumnus Nomination Form
Pasadena ISD is now seeking nominations for the 2014 Distinguished Alumnus Award. The deadline for nominations is Feb. 7, 2014.
The award recognizes a Pasadena ISD alumnus who has made significant contributions to society and whose accomplishments and career have brought credit to Pasadena and Pasadena ISD. The recipient will be honored at an awards ceremony in April.
The award has been presented annually since 1996. The 2013 recipient was Dr. John Morgan, a 1959 Pasadena High School graduate who has provided unwavering support to Pasadena ISD and the Sagemont Church.
The eligibility criteria for the award are as follows:
- Previous recipients are not eligible.
- Current Pasadena ISD employees are not eligible.
- Members of the Pasadena ISD Alumni Association Board of Directors or the Award Nominating Committee, or their relatives, are not eligible.
- Must have attended a Pasadena ISD school during his/her elementary or secondary years.
- Must be distinguished in his/her business, profession or life’s work.
- Must be a person of such integrity, stature and demonstrated ability that the award will reflect honor on Pasadena ISD and promote a sense of pride among the members of our community.
- Must be present to receive the award – unless the nomination is submitted posthumously.
- Must not be a candidate for an elected public office in the year of the award.
PREVIOUS AWARD RECIPIENTS:
2014 - John Eddie Williams, Jr., 1972
2013 – Dr. John Morgan, Pasadena High, 1959
2012 – Dr. Frank Young, Pasadena High, 1958
2011 – Dr. Mike McKinney, Sam Rayburn, 1969
2010 – Rick Schriever, Sam Rayburn, 1973
2009 – Dr. Byron Tapley, Pasadena High, 1951
2008 – James R. Smith, South Houston, 1960
2007 – Dr. Carlton Horbelt, Pasadena High, 1973
2006 – Dr. Mary Campbell-Fox, Dobie, 1976
2005 – J. Michael Solar, Sam Rayburn, 1971
2004 – Dr. Paul Zanowiak, South Houston, 1965