Guidelines and Calendar for Flyer Distribution 2012-2013
The Pasadena Independent School District agrees to distribute materials to students for non-profit
and youth-oriented programs and organizations only. Participating organizations may be required to show proof of non-profit status at the district’s discretion. The service shall not be provided to area businesses unless the business is providing school-related services to students in the district, i.e., graduation invitations, or is offering student incentives as an official adopt-a-school partner to a specific campus or the district. The decision on what is considered school-related services is at the sole discretion of the district.
The District reserves the right of final approval for the release of any flyer and may deny permission for any reason consistent with federal or state law, district policy, procedures or practices.
By law, the District cannot accept materials or publicity for programs or activities that are evangelical in nature, which advocate membership in any religious organization, or could be considered political advertising.
PISD retains the right to make final decisions considering materials that can be distributed on PISD campuses.
1. Submit flyers to the Superintendent’s office for approval along with a list of schools to which the flyer will be distributed. The District will provide a student count for each campus upon request. Be sure to include on your request your organization’s name, address, phone number, fax number and contact name.
2. The Superintendent’s office will fax a letter approving or denying distribution of the flyer within three business days. If the flyer has been denied, rationale will be provided to give the organization a chance to make suggested changes. Any alterations will require resubmission for final approval.
3. The organization will be responsible for printing the desired number of flyers. It is recommended extra copies be printed and sent to the schools to handle enrollment fluctuations. The organization will be responsible for sorting the flyers into groups of 35 for elementary schools and groups of 30 for middle and intermediate schools. Failure to sort the flyers may result in the flyers being discarded at the campus.
4. Flyers must be printed on one 8 ½” x 11” white or colored bond paper. Flyers may be printed front and back. ****Each flyer must contain the following disclaimer printed in BOLD letters in at least 12 pt. type size: “This activity is not related to or sponsored by Pasadena Independent School District. Pasadena ISD neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity represented in this material. The distribution or display of this material is provided as a community service.”
5. The organization shall deliver the sorted flyers to the approved schools by the last Friday of each month. The flyers should include a copy of the letter of authorization from the Superintendent’s Office.
6. Schools will distribute the flyers during the first week of each month at the principal’s discretion. No late deliveries can be accepted for distribution with the students. Late deliveries may be displayed on the school’s counter, accessible to the public, at the Principal’s discretion.
7. Organizations may submit posters for distribution on school bulletin boards and other locations designated by the Principal. Organizations must use the same approval process described above.
8. There is no charge for this service.
If you have any questions regarding flyers, please contact: Linda Horodyski in the Superintendent’s office at: Phone: 713-740-0248, Fax: 713-740-4041 or email: email@example.com.
Deadline for Delivery to Campus Campus Will Distribute By
Aug. 31, 2012 Sept.07, 2012
Sept. 28, 2012 Oct. 05, 2012
Oct. 26, 2012 Nov. 02, 2012
Nov. 30, 2012 Dec. 07, 2012
Dec. 21, 2012 Jan. 11, 2013
Feb. 22, 2013 Feb. 15, 2013
Mar. 08, 2013 Mar. 01, 2013
Mar. 29, 2013 April 05, 2013
April 26, 2013 May 03, 2013
May 24, 2013 June 06, 2013
*Note – Last day for students – June 6, 2013