Pasadena ISD Social Network Guidelines
Please use these guidelines when representing your campus on any other web presence such as blogs, photo sites, or others.
1. Contact both your Associate Superintendent for Campus Development and Associate Superintendent for Communications to let them know your intent to set up a page. Turn in the attached form to both once your page is set up. If you have already set up a page, please complete the form and follow the guidelines below.
2. Set up your account as a Facebook PAGE.
3. The name of the page should include the name of the campus. For example: Pasadena High School or Pasadena High School Eagles. This nomenclature makes it easier for users to find your page and for identification.
4. Use your school’s mascot or logo as your picture. You can get a copy of your logo from the U:Drive in the District Logo file.
5. Have a minimum of 2 page administrators for any page. One of these should include a campus administrator. In addition, the Associate Superintendent for Communications must be an administrator. Review page administrators annually.
6. Set up at least one of the page administrators to subscribe to the page so that they are informed of any postings.
7. Pages should be monitored on a daily basis.
8. Prompt responses should be provided to any questions or comments directly related to your campus.
9. Your page should only "like" Pasadena ISD or other Pasadena ISD campuses.
10. Do not tag students in pictures. Set privacy settings so that tagging is disabled.
11. Make certain that parents have not requested that their students not be pictured.
12. Post the following rules of engagement on your information page along with a brief description of your campus:
Here are our rules of engagement for participation on the **** School Facebook page.
We encourage your participation on our Facebook page. We ask that you exercise civility and good will in your communication. Any comments that are intentionally rude or deride the opinions of others will be removed. Part of the intent of our policies is to protect the privacy and rights of Pasadena ISD staff and students. Please be aware that your comments are public comments and can and may be used by anyone else, including news media. Posts that meet any of the following will be removed from the page and may be reported to Facebook for termination from the network.
Contain accusations or accusatory language toward an individual
Break the law or encourage others to do so
Contain abusive or inappropriate language or statements