|Academic Excellence Awards will be presented to students according to the following criteria: |
1. The weighted grade-point system will be used.
2. Students must be enrolled in a Pasadena school both semesters and carry a full load of subjects.
3. All semester course grades earned by a student during the regular term shall be used in computing the grade-point average for that year.
Grades in Extended Day courses will be included in the computation; grades in supplementary course work (such as correspondence, summer school or evening school) shall not be included.
4. A student must maintain an overall 4.0 grade-point average for the years work.
5. The semester average in each course must be at least 90 (for regular classes) or 80 (for state-approved honors and premium classes).
6. The nature of the award shall be determined by the homeroom placement of the student: freshmen, sophomores, and juniors shall receive medals, and seniors shall receive a plaque. Upon earning a second high school Academic Excellence Award, a student shall also receive a jacket and letter. Seniors will not be eligible tor this bonus award.