Pasadena ISD reminds members of the community that early voting for the Nov. 4 election begins Monday, Oct. 20 and continues to Friday, Oct. 31.
Texas enables residents to vote in the days and weeks before an election to make the voting process more convenient and accessible. There are two ways to vote early: by showing up in person during the prescribed early voting period or by mail.
Eligible citizens may vote in person at any designated polling location, not just in the district where they reside. To find a full list of early voting locations visit www.harrisvotes.com and click on early voting.
Anyone not already registered, may fill out an application at the Harris County Tax Assessor-Collector’s Office or pick up registration forms at any Pasadena ISD school. Members of the community may also register or check the status of registration online at www.votetexas.gov.
Keep in mind, Texas now requires voters to present an approved form of photo identification to vote at the polls.
Acceptable forms of I.D. are:
- Texas driver license—unexpired or expired less than 60 days — issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate (EIC) issued by DPS
- Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS—unexpired or expired less than 60 days
- United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph - unexpired or expired less than 60 days
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States passport—unexpired or expired less than 60 days
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS—unexpired or expired less than 60 days
Additionally, voters who currently do not have an approved photo ID may apply for an Election Identification Certificate (EIC) at no charge with the Department of Public Safety.
The election ballot includes candidates for U.S. representative, Texas governor and attorney general in addition to the Pasadena ISD $175.5 million zero-tax-rate bond. For a complete list of election items, visit www.harrisvoterinfo.com.