Back Row from left to right: Stewart Russell, Pasadena ISD Chief of Police; Michelle Russell, EOG Resources and Brian Faistenhammer, Mac Haik Ford. Front Row from left to right: Ahmed Badr, Dobie; Lesley Conchas, Pasadena; Corina Gonzalez, Lewis CTHS and Cristen Torres, Deer Park.
Michelle Russell from EOG Resources presents Lesley Conchas with her scholarship.
The Pasadena ISD Police Officer Association awarded nine $1,000 scholarships at the June board meeting Tuesday night.
In its third year the scholarship program is made possible through proceeds from the organization’s annual car show and Top Fuel sponsors who lend their resources for the students in the Pasadena community.
“Three years ago we started the scholarship program with only five scholarships and this year we were able to present nine,” said Captain David Garza, Pasadena ISD POA president. “The reason our program is so successful is because of our sponsors, without them this wouldn’t be possible.”
This year’s Top Fuel sponsors included Mac Haik Ford, Bayway Lincoln Mercury, Clear Lake Dodge, EOG Resources and the Stewart Russell Family.
The scholarship recipients are:
- Miranda Baca Green, Pasadena Memorial - Mac Haik Ford Scholarship
- Ahmed Badr, Dobie - Bayway Lincoln Mercury Scholarship
- Lesley Y. Conchas, Pasadena - Clear Lake Dodge Scholarship
- Miguel Campos, Pasadena Memorial – Stewart Russell Family Scholarship
- Mikaly Rae Marr, Pasadena Memorial - EOG Resources Scholarship
- Kyle Everett Creason, Pasadena Memorial – Pasadena ISD POA Scholarship
- Cristen Randi Torres, Deer Park – Pasadena ISD POA Scholarship
- Corina Gonzalez, Lewis CTHS – Pasadena ISD POA Scholarship
- Gennevive Anagbogu, Dobie – Pasadena ISD POA Scholarship
Brian Faistenhammer from Mac Haik Ford presents Corina Gonzalez with her scholarship.