Pasadena ISD is seeking input from community stakeholders as the district develops the 2017-18 instructional calendar.
A draft of the calendar has been posted to the Pasadena ISD website, along with a Google survey and a brief video explaining the process of creating the calendar draft. The proposed calendar was developed based on comments from students, staff and community members.
After recommendations from community members have been gathered, the Board of Trustees will vote to approve the proposed 2017-18 school calendar in February.
The calendar proposal includes:
- A full week off for Thanksgiving Break
- 12-day Christmas break for students
- Teacher training days built around federal holidays, allowing for three 4-day weekends for students
- Students concluding the year prior to Memorial Day
- Two built-in inclement weather days with 10 additional minutes per day
- One built in inclement weather day with five additional minutes per day
- Campus flexibility with professional development, planning and teacher preparation time
- Breaks to allow for student respite and teacher collaboration
Please click on the link to review the proposed 2017-18 calendar and submit a survey.