The following are eligibility requirements for
Prekindergarten students in the Pasadena Independent School District.
Students must live within the Pasadena Independent School District attendance zone and qualify for prekindergarten according to state guidelines.
For the 2016-2017 school year students must be 4 years old by September 1, 2016.
For the 2017-2018 school year students must be 4 years old by September 1, 2017.
And, meet ONE of the following eligibility guidelines :
- Limited English Proficiency: eligible after Home Language Survey is completed, Oral Language Proficiency Test is administered and LPAC committee gives final approval; Child must be present at registration to be tested with oral language assessment
- Educationally Disadvantaged- eligibility determined when student qualifies under the income guideline of the National School Lunch Program. Must provide proof of household income in one of the following forms: current paycheck stub, letter from employer stating gross wages paid and how often they are paid, disability payment stub, current SNAP, or TANF
- Homeless-as defined by law, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child; eligibility determined when identified by the PISD Homeless Liaison
- Military-Military identification or appropriate letter will be verified
- Foster Care- - Letter from Department of Family and Protective Services is required